Saturday, June 30, 2007

External Cephalic Version

I learn this new terms today from my O&G. Since 30th week, midwife told me my baby is lying at "cross" position. I asked her "what should we do, aren't baby suppose to be in head-down position?" , "Dont you worry, baby change position from time to time." Then, comes to 34th week, 36th week, doctor see baby still in the breech position, he recommend I need to go for this external cephalic version which mean doctor try to turn the baby for me at 37th week extrenally.

Doctor can only do this at the 37th week, because baby is mature enough to be born if anything happen such like contrations, membrane ruptured, baby feel distressed.. So, I made appointment to do the external cephalic version at Monday 1.30pm. Daddy keep talking to baby ever since week 30th, "baby, your head suppose to go down there not here .. come on swim la!" This is an option before any mummy straight make their mind to go for c-section. If baby still somehow find it more comfortable to stay at his current position, then only we book in for c-section.

Before the doctor recommend the external cephalic version, he had a ultrasound scan for me to see the location of the placenta, it is important that the placenta is not blocking at the cervix. This is the third time I see baby from the ultrasound monitor, this round husband ask the doctor to show me on the genital organ. :) I missed the previous session at 20th week's scan because the sonographer move too fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Swim? Famous!