Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sick when you are pregnant

Fall sick during pregnant is horrible, I catch a cold and sorethroat these two days. One morning, I wake up with very very dry mouth, and sorethroat. We did not turn on the heater, just blanket and long pants at night. Knowing I can not take any medicine, the muscleache kick in, I eat two panadol before I go to bed that day.

The next morning, I wake up with even worse sorethroat, and white mucus is coming out from the nose every now and then. I guess most of you know how it feel when you catch a cold, heavy head.. muscle ache....

Husband brought me to see doctor that evening, is out first visit to this doctor recommended by friends. She is good and patient. She diagnose and tell me is viral infections not from the lungs. I am less worry on that. Just that I need rest and alot of fluid to let the body recover by itself. So steam inhalation is recommended by her to heal the blocked nose, and by using a pinch of salt into warm water plus one soluble aspirin, I can gargle this mixture to make my sorethroat feel relieve. She did write a presciption for me to get myself one antibiotic incase my mucus turn green and the eardrum pain worsen, which I hope it will not happen.

Hei, I learn something new today. To those reading this, may be is some good tips for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course it's agony. I got the same problem while in Aus, and heavily pregnant, remember? But to say, mine was worse, there's blood coming out of the nose. So just rest ler, no better remedy.