Friday, April 11, 2008

My perfect mashed potatoes

There has been a while I wished to make my own mashed potatoes after I read Godsis's blog on this saliva dripping side dish. I managed to try it yesterday when Yong Shuan was not around.



Recipe :

4 Nicola potatoes, peeled and cut into same size cubes
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tbsp butter/margarine
1 Tbsp milk
Salt and Pepper

1 Put potatoes into a small pot. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add water until potatoes are covered. Bring to boil, reduce the heat and simmer, for another 15-20 minutes, or until done - a fork can easily be poked through them.

2 Drain water from potatoes. Put hot potatoes into a bowl. Add melted butter (by using microwave) or margarine. Use fork or masher to mash potatoes until well mashed. Use a strong spoon to beat further, adding milk to achieve the consistency you desire. Salt and pepper to taste.



No comments: