Tuesday, July 03, 2007

C-Section or Natural Birth ? ! ?

I went for my external cephalic version, ECV yesterday with mum. By the time I reach there, all the ECV staffs were having meeting, I waited 30min before they start the first fetal monitoring. From the graph, it shows baby is happy, heartbeat is normal. Then the doctor came into the room and start the ECV.

The process is quick, it started off with a injection, some medicine to relax your uterus muscle, then ultrasound to confirm the baby is breech, followed with the doctor externally holding the baby head and bottom and start TURNNING. When the baby is block, ultrasound again. The baby stay diagonally face bottom left, doctor noticed something blocking baby from keep turn into the complete downward position. They suspect could be the placenta. I was being ask to go through the thorough ultrasound to confirm if placenta is blocking baby. In Medical terms, they called it the "Placenta Previa", mean the placenta is at least partially covering the cervix.The sonographer, Ms Penny gave me the good news that I am not having one. Just somehow baby likes to stay at his position that he is currently feel comfortable. I asked for second ECV, doctor say in my case, baby like to stay as it is.

After long explanation of the risk of this birth, finally O & G have recommended that I should go for C-section. He booked for me 16th July (Mon) to go for a C-section. I shall now wait for hospital official letter on the preparation of my c-section.

I still pray hard that before the 39th week comes, my baby turns. Then I can avoid my C-section. Is always in my mind that if possible I wish I could have a natural vaginal birth, faster recovery, no scar, less external agent to mummy and baby (drugs & painkillers), etc. Since I am staying away from family, just mummy and husband around when baby is born, I wish my body could get back into "fit condition" asap... Anyway, finding that we gather from all the resources and relatives say mother should have more exercise and walking to ease the baby to turn. So I got to go now, walk walk and walk... :)

No comments: